Every home trainer by Elite needs electricity to send speed / power / cadence data and adjust resistance.
These operations cannot be conducted without electricity.
However, electricity is not required to create resistance, which is needed to adjust brakes, otherwise it'll always remain at the same level.
So you can still workout at a certain brake level if your home trainer isn't fed electricity, though it won't send workout data and you won't be able to adjust resistance.
Here are the home trainer options you have without using electricity.
Workout with low brake level (easy solution).
You can set your brake at a resistance level equal to gradients between 0% and 1%
- Powering up the home trainer
- Do not connect it to any device (PC, mobile).
- Make sure that the green and blue LED lights are blinking
- Wait for the motor to cease any noise (this might take up to 15 seconds).
- Remove the power supply.
Now the brake level is already set on the home trainer, which is ready to be used without electricity.
The resistance that the home trainer generates under this configuration is akin to a flat surface or a very light gradient (about 1%, depending on the home trainer).
Workouts with brake level you can set.
(Requires a device with the "myE-Training" software / app installed)
You can set the brake level as you wish, even at an elevated level.
- Power up the home trainer and connect it to a device via the myE-Training software / app (doesn't matter if you connect it via the ANT+ or Bluetooth Smart protocols).
- Configure myE-Training with your home trainer if your haven't already done it.
- Begin a LEVEL workout (Workouts -> Levels) and set the brake level you want.
- Level 1 is the minimum you can set while Level 16 is the maximum resistance that the home trainer can generate. The brake varies depending on the home trainer.
- Remove the home trainer power supply before ceasing to workout. This way the brake freezes at the desired value.
PLEASE NOTE if you tap on the "STOP" key before removing power to the home trainer, the home trainer will be sent the brake reset to zero, which will thwart the aforementioned operation.
Now the home trainer is ready to be used without electricity.
These operations can be conducted early on before using it.
If it's not connected to a power supply, the home trainer maintains the set brake level and does not change it until it's connected again to a power supply.